- SOUL secured more than $15 million in funding for an Arts & Recreation Center in Bronzeville to serve neighborhood youth, adults, and seniors.
- SOUL worked with Bridgeport Alliance to win an extension of the 35th Street Bus to the 31st Street Beach so that our communities could enjoy more equitable public transportation and access to the recently built $100 million harbor.
- SOUL worked with IIRON to start a campaign on the county and state level to end mass incarceration in Illinois by reforming Cook County’s bond system and decrease prison time for non-violent drug offenses.
- SOUL worked with IIRON to organize dozens of leaders to lobby in Springfield and more than 2400 people to come to a Martin Luther King Day public meeting in January to fight for a statewide agenda that calls for racial, economic, and environmental justice.
- SOUL supported a historic campaign by brave fast food workers with the Workers Organizing Committee of Chicago / Fight for $15 to win fair wages and the right to organize unions in the retail and fast food industries.
- SOUL worked with IIRON to continue the fight for corporate tax accountability so that large corporations pay their fair share and our communities have the revenue to pay for education and public services.